New Tech Handouts
Model Schools Conference
Orlando, FL, June 22-25, 2008
1. PowerPoint Presentation , New Models of Learning for the 21st Century: Sacramento New Tech High School, Paula Hanzel, Principal, Sacramento New Technology High School.
2. PowerPoint Presentation 2 , Assessing 21st Century Skills: The New Tech High School Model, Bob Pearlman, Director of Strategic Planning, New Technology Foundation.
3. Fact Sheet on Sacramento New Technology High School
4. Video: See what 21st Century Learning looks like at Sacramento New Tech High School and Napa New Tech High School in an award winning video from ASCD, "Learning through Projects".
5. Soft Skills in Big Demand -- Interest in teaching students habits of mind for success in life is on the rise, by Catherine Gewertz, Education Week, June 12, 2007.
6. "Our House Exploring a New School Model from the Outside In", Converge Magazine, Summer 2006
7. Case Study of Sacramento New Technology High School by the International Center for Leadership in Education, June, 2008
8. Sacramento New Tech was one of the 5 California schools profiled
in the new Stanford Study, High
Schools for Equity: Policy Supports for Student Learning in Communities of Color
9. Facilities: See "The Impact of School Facilities on Student Performance and Retention of Teachers" by Kathleen J. Moore, California Department of Education, Victoria Bergsagal, Architects of Achievement, and Mary Filardo, 21st Century School Fund. Sacramento New Tech and Jefferson New Tech (Los Angeles) were featured in this study. Released at the California Achievement Gap Summit on November 14, 2007.
10. Supporting 21st Century High Schools brochure
11. Information on the New Technology High School Model -- Links to everything you ever wanted to know about the New Tech model.