Presentations at the 21st Century Learning Summit
Rosemont, IL, October 13, 2010
1. From Students to Learners: New Learning Environments for 21st Century Learners , [Powerpoint 2000 file, 3.2 MB].
2. New Learning Environments to Support 21st Century Learners web page
3. Designing New Learning Environments to Support 21st Century Skills (PDF, reproducible), chapter by Bob Pearlman, in the new book, 21st Century Skills: Rethinking How Students Learn
4. P21 CyberSummit 2010 Webinars
5. Schools and Videos Shown with PPT
- Manor New Technology High School (Manor, Texas) -- "What is Manor New Tech?" video -- In their own words, Manor New Tech (Manor, TX) students explain what MNTHS is to them. This video features footage of what is happening on campus every day. Also "How we work @ Manor New Tech" video. See also Manor New Tech Youtube Video Channel and Manor New Tech's Digital Dojo.
- Columbus Signature Academy (Columbus, Indiana) -- See Episode 3 video. Also see Completion of Phase 2 of Columbus Signature Academy (December, 2010).
- New Tech @ Coppell (Coppell, TX) -- See Real Projects, Real World, Real Learning video.
- The Met (Providence, RI) -- See the Big Picture Learning youtube channel. See especially Student describes his experience and skills gained at his LTI and Makala's Advisory.
- High Tech High (San Diego, CA) -- See 21st Century Skills Culture at High Tech High video.
- New Line Learning Academy (Maidstone, Kent, England) -- Welcome to New Line Learning video. See also Cornwallis Academy Learning Plaza, Kent, England.
- Making 21st Century Schools: Creating Learner-Centered Schoolplaces/Workplaces for a New Culture of Students at Work, by Bob Pearlman, EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY/September-October 2009
- "21st Century Learning in Schools - A Case Study of New Technology High School in Napa, CA", published in New Directions for Youth Development, Volume 2006, Issue 110 (Summer 2006), Special Issue: The Case for Twenty-First Century Learning.
- "New Skills For A New Century: Project-based learning teaches kids the collaborative and critical thinking abilities they'll need to compete", Edutopia magazine, June 2006.
- Reconsidering the Design of Schools through the Lens of Project-Based Learning - Interview with Bob Pearlman, the Director of Strategic Planning for the New Technology Foundation, DesignShare and Education Facility Planning News, March, 2007
7. Rubrics from the Partnership for 21st Century Skills. Includes New Technology High School Rubrics.
8. New Technology 21st Century High School Model - General Information, Articles, Videos, Research, and Exemplar New Tech schools. List of and links to New Technology High Schools.