New Tech High @ Coppell in Coppell, Texas (near Dallas) opened in 2008 with grades 9 and 10 and will have its first graduating class in May, 2011. It is one of the best examples of new learning environments in education. The school designers from Coppell ISD worked with SHW Group architects to remodel an old elementary school into a secondary school of the future, featuring an all-wireless, all-laptop environment where every space inside and outside the building are either formal or extended learning environments.
New Tech High School in Coppell provides an alternative learning experience, Dallas Morning News, April 29th, 2009
Real Projects, Real World, Real Learning (wmv file).
- Understanding New Tech, Coppell Gifted Association, November 11, 2011
- Creating A New Vision For Public Education: One District's Journey, by Shannon Buerk, Mechelle Bryson, and Melody Paschall, Insight, Spring, 2010, Texas Association of School Administrators, PDF, Interactive Version.
- Designing New Learning Environments to Support 21st Century Skills (PDF, downloadable), chapter by Bob Pearlman, in the new book, 21st Century Skills: Rethinking How Students Learn
- Visiting New Tech @Coppell High School: real projects, real world, real learning, blog entry from Jonathan Martin, Head of School at St. Gregory's Independent School in Tucson, May 18, 2010
- School Modernization: Space Craft, By Jennifer Demski, THE Journal, 08/01/09. Innovative architecture is bringing form to the function of 21st-century learning.
- Bye-bye école du 17e siècle !, L'actualité, 20 Octubre 2009. Use Google Translate to read in English.
- New Tech High School in Coppell provides an alternative learning experience(Dallas Morning News-Video/editing: Nathan Hunsinger), April 29th, 2009, Story and Video.
- PowerPoint presentation on New Learning Environments for 21st Century Learners.
- This is Your Time, New Tech @ Coppell Student Recruitment Video
- New Tech High School in Coppell provides an alternative learning experience (Dallas Morning News-Video/editing: Nathan Hunsinger), April 29th, 2009.
- NTH@C Staff Video 2009-2010
- Real Projects, Real World, Real Learning. Recruitment and study tour video shows how projects are done at New Tech High School @ Coppell. Video shows all aspects of the project cycle.