1. Designing New Learning Environments to Support 21st Century Skills (PDF, downloadable), chapter by Bob Pearlman
|June 24, 2016: Bob Pearlman Keynote presentation and workshop at the Association for Learning Environments (A4LE) Pacific Northwest Region Conference, Anchorage, Alaska.||June 23, 2016: Steve Collis Keynote presentation at the A4LE NW Conference, Anchorage, AK. Steve is Co-Director of the Sydney Centre for Innovation in Learning (SCIL) at Northern Beaches Christian School, Sydney, Australia.|
August 26, 2016: 21st-Century
Learning: Hillel Day School completes update of its facilities, Detroit
Jewish News. Includes Innovation Hub/Makerspace and 21C learning communities
and spaces. See more about the transformed learning environments
at Hillel Day School.
November 3, 2015: Greenville County (SC) Schools' Dr. Phinnize J. Fisher Middle School, a PBL STEAM middle school, is named the CEFPI 2015 James D. MacConnell Award Winner
November 3, 2015: New Learning Environments Videos
January 25, 2015: Impact of 21st Century Learning on Architecture, Design, Pedagogies and Technology Panel Discussion at Newmark School, Scotch Plains, NJ, November 12, 2014
December 1, 2014:Designing Classrooms & Schools for 21st Century Learners, Blog by Bob Pearlman, Partnership for 21st Century Skills Blogazine
November 11, 2014: 8 Tips and Tricks to Redesign Your Classroom, By David Bill, President, NoTosh Inc., Edutopia, August 6, 2013
September, 2014: New book from Prakash Nair, Blueprint for Tomorrow: Redesigning Schools for Student-Centered Learning
August, 2014: Educational Models Proposed for the Lindfield Learning Village (PDF), By Stephen Heppell, NSW Education & Communities, and BVN Donovan-Hill
2. Presentations on New Learning Environments
Language of School Design: Design Patterns for 21st Century Schools,
for Tomorrow: Redesigning Schools for Student-Centered Learning,
Harvard Education Press, 2014
David Thornburg, From
the Campfire to the Holodeck: Creating Engaging and Powerful 21st
Century Learning Environments, Jossey-Bass, October 2013
|Architecture for Achievement: Building Patterns for Small School Learning, by Victoria Bergsagel and David Stephen|
Third Teacher: 79 Ways You Can Use Design to Transform Teaching &
by OWP/P Cannon Design, VS Furniture, Bruce Mau Design
6. Videos of schools profiled in book chapter
7. Extended Learning Spaces
as Extended Learning Space at New
Tech @ Coppell (Coppell, TX) -- Cafeteria is like a drop-in cafe, serving
as another extended learning space and workspace for Learner teams, and
especially playing a role when business people visit the school and meet
with students or do brown-bag lunches with them.
Columbus Signature Academy, 2205 25th Street, Columbus, Indiana 47201
Mike Reed, Principal, Columbus Signature Academy, 812-376-4595, email@example.com
John E. Rigsbee, CSO Architects, 317-706-2507, firstname.lastname@example.org
New Tech High @ Coppell, 113 Samuel Blvd. Coppell, TX 75019
Tabitha Branum. Director, 214-496-5910, email@example.com
High Tech High, 2861 Womble Road, San Diego, CA 92106-6025
Larry Rosenstock, Chief Executive Officer, 619-243-5000, firstname.lastname@example.org
David Stephen, M. Ed. / Architect, New Vista Design, 617-477-4660, email@example.com
New Line Learning Academy, Boughton Lane, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 9QL, UK
Chris Gerry, Executive Principal, 01622 743286, firstname.lastname@example.org
Philip Gillard, Gensler, +44 (0)20 7073 9935, email@example.com
9. Other Innovative 21st Century Schools and Learning Environments
Hillel Day School, Farmington Hills, MI. K-8 School with totally transformed laerning environments and learning communities.
- How A Dream Gets Off the Ground, By Steve Freedman, Jeducation World, September 9, 2016.
- 21st-Century Learning: Hillel Day School completes update of its facilities, Detroit Jewish News. Includes Innovation Hub/Makerspace and 21C learning communities and spaces.
- See school video and facility pictures from Fielding Nair International*.
- Video: The Leadership Difference: Steve Freedman, MA in Jewish Education
- IDEA Collaborative at Hillel, built in 2014, includes a maker space, proto-type lab, greenhouse, gathering space, green screen technology and 3D printing capabilities.
- Video: Maker Space in Action; Video: Tinkering with Daniel and Pelli
- Educational Models Proposed for the Lindfield Learning Village (PDF), By Stephen Heppell, NSW Education & Communities, and BVN Donovan-Hill, August 11, 2014
- New school on University of Technology Sydney Kuring-gai campus in Lindfield proposal to dump school year model and provide boarding, By Danielle Nicastri, North Shore Times, August 21, 2014
- Research from Stephen Heppell
- Lindfield Public Consultation Mindmixer Site
- Twitter: @lindfield_sotf
- Lindfield's School of the Future: A Learning Village Facebook Page
10. Articles by Bob Pearlman on 21st Century Schools and 21st Century Learning:
Flexible Classrooms: Providing the Learning Environment That Kids Need
Wooranna Park The Third Teacher
Norma Rose Point School Introduction
MNTHS: "How We Work @ Manor New Tech High"
Columbus Signature Academy - New Tech Campus
NewTech High @ Coppell
21st Century Skills Culture at High Tech High
Welcome to New Line Learning Academy
Greenville County (SC) Schools' Dr. Phinnize J. Fisher Middle School, a PBL STEAM middle school, is named the CEFPI 2015 James D. MacConnell Award Winner. See submittal. CEPFI is now known as the Association for Learning Environments. Also see the New Learning Environments section of this website. Also see Tech Meets Art in Middle School - A South Carolina public school gives tech-savvy students a sense of humanity, by Deborah Fallows, The Atlantic Magazine, March 3, 2016.
Disclosure: I am a Senior Education Consultant for FNI. See more New Learning Environments Videos above.