Columbus Signature Academy (CSA) in Columbus, IN (46 miles south of Indianapolis) is a K-12 school with an elementary, middle, and high school campuses. The CSA high school (New Tech campus) opened in 2008 with grade 9 and will have its first graduating class in May, 2012. CSA is one of the best examples of new learning environments in education. The school designers worked with CSO Architects to remodel an industrial building into a secondary school of the future, featuring an all-wireless, all-laptop environment where every space inside and outside the building are either formal or extended learning environments.
The design and development of Columbus Signature Academy by CSO Architects and the Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation (BCSC). Episodes One, Two, and Three.
- Columbus Signature Academy Website
- Mission and Core Beliefs
- Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation: A WORLD CLASS COMMUNITY LEARNING SYSTEM
- CSA New Tech Phase II Renovation Documention
- CSO Architects: Columbus Signature Academy - New Tech High
- Site Visits
- New Tech High in Indiana and the Indiana New Technology High School Network, coordinated by CELL (Center of Excellence in Leadership of Learning)
- Designing New Learning Environments to Support 21st Century Skills (PDF, downloadable), chapter by Bob Pearlman, in the new book, 21st Century Skills: Rethinking How Students Learn
- School Modernization: Space Craft, By Jennifer Demski, THE Journal, 08/01/09. Innovative architecture is bringing form to the function of 21st-century learning.
- New Tech Schools Foster Collaborative Learning by Design, CELL newsletter
- PowerPoint presentation on New Learning Environments for 21st Century Learners.
- Lets Get Wired: Physics Students Charged by High-Voltage Learning, April, 2012
- The design and development of Columbus Signature Academy by CSO Architects and the Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation (BCSC). Episodes One, Two, and Three
- Completion of Phase 2 of Columbus Signature Academy (December, 2010)
- Conversations with Columbus: Columbus Signature Academy - New Tech, by CELL (Center of Excellence in Leadership of Learning)