- 21st-Century Skills: Evidence, Relevance, and Effectiveness, by Scott Aronowitz, T.H.E. Journal, 4/8/10.
- Making 21st Century Schools: Creating Learner-Centered Schoolplaces/Workplaces for a New Culture of Students at Work, by Bob Pearlman, EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY/September-October 2009
Together: A handful of innovative high schools across the country are
mixing technology and project-based learning to redesign their schools.
Find out what they are learning and how it will affect your schools,
Ed Tech Focus on K-12, September-October, 2009
- Modular Relocatable Classroom for Napa New Tech High school, Competition Semi-finalist for: 2009 Open Architecture Challenge: Classroom
- School Modernization: Space Craft, By Jennifer Demski, THE Journal, 08/01/09. Innovative architecture is bringing form to the function of 21st-century learning.
- 21st Century Reformation: The Rochester, Indiana, Community School Corporation Retools for the Future, Get Connected (The ENA Community Journal), November, 2008.
Technology High School Sacramento LiveBlog by Jonathan Martin, October
6, 2008. Blogger Martin shadows New
Tech student for a day as part of his year-long Great
High Schools Project. Martin also reflects
on his visits to Sac New Tech and High Tech High.
- "At School, Technology Starts to Turn a Corner", Essay by Steve Lohr, NY Times, August 17, 2008.
- The promise-and challenge-of 21st century skills: How can urban schools, falling short with basics, add yet more to the curriculum?, By Del Stover, Urban Advocate, NSBA, Summer 2008 (PDF)
small campus with answers, By Jason Song, Los Angeles Times, May 11,
An LAUSD academy near Jefferson High gets results with discipline and personal attention. Story of Jefferson New Tech Student Empowerment Academy.
Skills in Big Demand -- Interest in teaching students habits of
mind for success in life is on the rise",
By Catherine Gewertz, Education Week, June 12, 2007
- New Skills for a New Century, by Bob Pearlman, Edutopia, June 2006
- "21st Century Learning in Schools A Case Study of New Technology High School in Napa, CA", by Bob Pearlman, published in New Directions for Youth Development, Summer 2006, Special Issue: The Case for Twenty-First Century Learning.
- Building a 21st Century High School, by Paul Curtis, Threshold Magazine, Spring, 2006.
- 25 Tools, Technologies, and Best Practices, by Dan Page, THE Journal, February 6, 2006
- UK Knowledge Share on "New Technology High Schools, USA", by Michael Buchanan, Place Group, December 2005
Learning: a Primer, TECHNOLOGY & LEARNING January 15, 2003
When students are challenged to get to work solving real-life problems, the whole world becomes a classroom. This article features Napa New Technology High School. By Gwen Solomon.
Tech Haven, Education Week, May 29-June 5, 2002.
New Technology High School in California's Napa Valley provides at least one computer for every student. But that's not the only reason teenagers choose to attend this school.
the High School Experience, Educational Leadership, April 2002. By