Tech Valley High School (TVHS) in the Albany, NY, Capital Region opened in 2007 with grade 9 at the headquarters of MapInfo Corporation in the Rensselaer Technology Park. The school with a focus on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math, was co-sponsored by the Capitol Region and Questar III BOCES. TVHS was also supported by the regional business community. TVHS is the East Coast Demonstration Site for the National Network of New Technology High Schools.
Tech Valley High Students Build Solar-Powered Ovens, wmht-TV, Albany, NY, January, 2011
- Tech Valley High School Website - Outstanding website full of information about the school and its program.
- Dan Liebert's Presentation, Tech Valley High School, at Intel's Visionary Conference 2011, Washington, DC , April 13-14, 2011
- TVHS leads way to more educational partnerships: Chinese students on the way; Liebert lectures in Shanghai; Area schools follow TVHS, Winter 2011-12 Print Newsletter
- TVHS graduates its first class, June 18, 2011
- Tech Valley This Week eNewsletter
- TVHS News Archive
- PowerPoint Presentation by Principal Dan Liebert to : Tech Valley High School: A Model of 21st Century Teaching & Learning.
- Business Alliance, Business Portal Page, Business Volunteering Page
- Business Partners -- "See who we already work with".
- Tech Valley School Foundation Board
- Capital Region BOCES and Questar III BOCES
- 2008-9 Tech Valley High School student recruitment brochure (PDF) - (Note: one of the best I have ever seen.)
- Tech Valley STEM21 Innovation in Education Project, regionwide i3 proposal to disseminate TVHS model and STEM across the curriculum.
- Sharing What we Learned: Services to Schools
- Professional Development Offerings: Teacher shadowing; College and Career Ready Unit Development; College and Career Readiness Institute
- Study Tours
- Give students tools for future, By John B. King, Jr., Commentary, Times Union, Monday, May 7, 2012
- Grant helps TVHS aid multiple school districts, January 12, 2012
- Unusual lessons are routine at Tech Valley High School, On Board, January 9, 2012
- Making Learning Real in America, Delta Sky magazine, January 2012
- How Much Carbon is in the Forest?, By Leah Penniman, The Science Teacher, January 2011.
- Area school district adopts TVHS concept on a limited basis, October 20, 2010
- Nanotechnology leader enthralls TVHS students. The area's expert on nanotechnology, Dr. Alain E. Kaloyeros, senior vice president and chief executive officer of the College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering of the University at Albany, spoke with Tech Valley High School students October 6.
- Capital Region BOCES-led consortium wins $2 million SLC grant: Award will create consortium, help change area high schools. Launch of The Tech Valley SLC21 Consortium. september 30, 2010
- Local high school a model for education reform, NEWS10, Albany, NY, September 28, 2010
- More learning from home planned for 2010-11 school year. The distance learning days serve three key purposes. Tech Valley This Week, May 27, 2010. Also see Students to stay home to learn (10.18.10)
- Tech Valley High checks out the SAT of critical thinking, By Marc Humbert, New York State School Boards Association On Board Online, May 24, 2010
- An 'A' in Abstractions: With assessment attracting increased focus in the push for 21st century skills learning, a new issue arises: How do you measure the immeasurable? By Paul Tullis, the Journal, 03/01/10
- The Power of Project Learning: Why new schools are choosing an old model to bring students into the 21st century.
By Wayne D'Orio,Scholastic Administrator, May 2009
- Working Together: A handful of innovative high schools across the country are mixing technology and project-based learning to redesign their schools. Find out what they are learning and how it will affect your schools. Features Tech Valley High School. EdTech Focus on K-12, Nov-Dec 2008
- Wikipedia entry
- Tech Valley High School honored by Rensselaer County Chamber with "Good News" award, November 3, 2009
- Executives named to Co-Chair Business Alliance for Tech Valley High School, August 3, 2009
- UAlbany East Campus Welcomes Tech Valley High School, March 19, 2009
- Beacon Institute, Tech Valley High School to Construct Water Sensors to Gather Data, March 12, 2009
- Tech Valley High School--A high school for a new age (PDF), January 11, 2008
- Tech Valley students studying Hudson River, The Record News, Mar 13, 2009
- Tech Valley High School already a leader in education and community, Times Union, January 6, 2008
- Tech Valley High School: Teaching STEM through PBL
- Life and Learning at Tech Valley High School, Hunter Dimin, August 31, 2011
- Tech Valley High Students Build Solar-Powered Ovens, wmht-TV, Albany, NY, January, 2011
- Tech Valley High School students present to the the Empire State STEM Learning Network forum, June 10, 2010.
- 21st Century Learning at TVHS, Tech Valley High School video page
- Tech Valley High moves in: It may look like a warehouse, but it's really the new home of Tech Valley High School, gearing up for a new school year at the East Campus of the University at Albany. Capital News 9, 09/01/2009.
- Tech Valley High hosts study tour, By Vince Gallagher, Capital News 9, 5/29/2009
- Tech Valley high creates skills for the 21st century, By Vince Gallagher, Capital News 9, 03/27/2008.
- Tech Valley High School celebrates opening, Capital News 9, 9/12/2007
- TVHS Website Video Archive
- Regional Talent Pipeline Study, Krieger Solutions, LLC, June 30, 2009